If you are looking to relocate to the Dominican Republic, or even take long vacations, you might have an interest in the schools that are available. The DR has many English speaking schools, which makes the area a great draw for those who are looking to relocate.
People from other countries are coming to the Dominican Republic and enrolling their children in schools because of the great opportunities for learning and advancement the school system offers. Language is not a barrier in many of the schools in the DR, which means students from different backgrounds can learn in a way beneficial to them when enrolled in a school. There are many schools to choose from for those who are going to be in the DR for a prolonged period of time.
The Santiago Christian School in Santiago is a very unique school. This school is fully accredited by the United States, and all lessons are taught in English. Currently, approximately 75% of the students are from the DR, with the other 25% are from the United States.
This school has a curriculum taken from the Untied States educational system, and employees mostly American teachers. It teaches students from pre-k until graduation from high school.
Because of the curriculum of this school, students are able to easily get into college after they graduate. The courses are closely watched and they have to meet standards in multiple areas. This makes the Santiago Christian School a very good choice for those who are relocating to the area.
Puerto Plata has the Alic New World School. This school is bilingual, so it uses English and Spanish in order to teach. In addition, students can take French lessons. This school is a good choice for students who want to learn how to master multiple languages. Students are able to grasp different languages, which is important in the global business structure of today.
The Torre Alta Montessori School is also bilingual in English and Spanish. Students will learn both languages and be able to converse in them by the time they graduate from the school. Students are able to pick up on English and Spanish while attending this school.
The International School of Sosua allows students to earn a diploma from the United States or the DR. This school teaches in English and it only employees certified teachers. It has high standards for education, which makes it a good choice for those who plan on attending college after high school. It is important to go to a school that is recognized and respected, and students get just that when they attend this school
Santo Domingo has a bilingual school called New Horizons. This school teaches in English and Spanish, and uses a US curriculum. This is another great choice for those who intend on continuing their education.
It is very easy to integrate a family into the Dominican Republic. The schools make it possible to bring a family over to the country without sacrificing education. This has made the DR one of the most popular places to visit and move to in the world.
The educational standards of the Dominican Republic are very high, as long as the right school is selected. As with anywhere, there are schools that do not live up to the standard, but those are the exception to the rule. You will be able to find a school that meets your educational requirements in the DR.
You will also be able to take advantage of a bilingual education, which is very helpful as the world changes. Now, it is more important than ever to know more than one language, and the schools in the Dominican Republic help with that.