The brother of the bride can serve as the best man for the groom or the bride’s man. In this case, the brother of the bride speech is a must. How do you write a brother of the bride speech?
This article will give you a step by step guide to writing this specific type of speech as follows.
The Brother of the Bride Speech: How to Write One
The brother of the bride speech outline is basically the same as the other speeches. You start with the introduction, body and the conclusion. The only difference is that you would talk about the bride as your sister. Given this, you will be able to give the audience a different take on the description of the bride. You can tell the audience funny stories about you and the bride when you were younger and how you feel about her as your sister.
- In addition to this, you can also give pointers to the groom about handling your sister’s mood swings. It will also help if you give concrete situations that can help the groom understand his wife even more. Just be sure to refrain from revealing negative points about your sister during your brother of the bride speech.
- Do not say anything about how physical she gets when you fight or how she always tells on you, when you have a disagreement about something. Focus on the positive aspects of your relationship with your sister.
- Through your speech, tell your sister how much she means to you. Tell her how much you will miss her once she is gone. Make sure that she knows that you love her and will continue to love her as long as you live.
- You can also talk about her achievements and how she is with your her siblings. How responsible she is with her studies and work. Give importance to her positive attributes as a person. How she helped you in times of need. Your speech should serve as a testament to how much she loves her family above anything else.
- You can also go brotherly and offer protection for her. You can remind the groom that if ever she comes home crying or hurt, you would always be there to protect her and hunt the groom down if necessary. But make sure that you say it jokingly.
Brother of the Bride Speech: The Importance
The brother of the bride speech is important because, as mentioned earlier, it will give a glimpse of your relationship with your sister prior to the wedding. It will help the audience and groom to understand her as a family person.
It will also be an opportunity for you to express how much you care for your sister, and how much you would be willing to do for her if she needs you.